(version: 314v1 online)
This agreement shall be in force from the date signed and for all visits thereafter to The Cottage Small Dog Daycare., hereafter referred to as ‘The Cottage’.
I hereby certify that my dog(s) listed below, is/are in good health and have not been ill with any communicable diseases in the last 30 days; and that my dog(s) has/have current vaccinations for rabies, distemper, parvovirus, parainfluenza, hepatitis (adenovirus) and bordetella. Dogs arriving with fleas and/or ticks may be treated with Frontline™ at The Cottage’s discretion, at my expense. I further certify that my dog(s) has/have not harmed or shown aggressive or threatening behaviour towards any person or any other dog, except as disclosed under part 6 (a) and (b) of this agreement. I give authorization to The Cottage to speak with my veterinarian and/or their staff to confirm my dog(s) vaccination status, date of surgical alteration, and medical history.
I have read and understand the following:
1. The Cottage is an open play environment and because of this there are inherent risks, which even when closely monitored, may result in the following: i) transfer of communicable illness such as, but not limited to, bordetella virus (“kennel cough”), and ii) superficial injuries such as, but not limited to, broken nails, sore pads, minor abrasions and/or cuts.
2. The Cottage and their staff shall not be liable for any injury or damage to any person or persons, animals, or to any property, however caused, which result from the training, behaviour, care or grooming of my pet, as well as from any negligence on the part of any other pet owner attending The Cottage. I further agree that The Cottage shall not be liable for any costs, attorney’s fees or expenses incurred in connection with any claim, action or proceeding occurring as a result of my pet’s participation at The Cottage.
3. The Cottage reserves the right to administer aid and/or use any available veterinarian for my pet should the need arise, whether or not The Cottage can reach me or my emergency contact. I assume full financial responsibility for any and all veterinary expenses incurred, in addition to other fees incurred for services provided at or by The Cottage.
4. I agree to pay the rate for services in effect on the date my dog(s) attend(s) The Cottage. Prices are subject to change at any time. No dog will be released until all charges are paid in full. Cancellation fees may be applied for reservations cancelled less than 24 hours prior to a scheduled reservation.
5. I am solely responsible for any harm and/or damage caused by my dog(s) to persons, property or other pets, while my dog(s) is/are attending The Cottage. The Cottage reserves the right to refuse services or admittance to any dog. Costs for repairs to property will be my sole responsibility.
6. (a) I understand there are inherent risks associated with the presence of dogs in training, whether group or private sessions. I assume full responsibility for myself, my dog, any substitute handlers of my dog, and any observers that attend class with me. I agree that I have given full disclosure of any history of aggressive behaviour by my dog, and understand that failure to do so will result in my dismissal from classes and no refund shall be given.
6. (b) I agree that the trainer and The Cottage will not be liable for any damage or loss resulting from the failure of my dog to respond to any commands taught to my dog or resulting from counselling and advice supplied to me. My dog’s behaviour now and in the future is solely my responsibility. Should any behaviour on the dog’s part now or in the future result in damage to the property, owners, or person of a third party, I agree to assume full liability for any and all such damage, and to absolve the trainer and The Cottage from any and all obligations to pay such damage.
7. I understand that the hours of operation are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. Weekends hours are 9:00 AM to Noon for boarding pick up and drop off. I agree to pay the $10.00 late fee for each dog picked up after my scheduled appointment. Dogs not picked up by 7 p.m. will be subject to an additional boarding charge and will be released the next business day, unless arrangements with The Cottage are made to the contrary.
8. Should I or my pre-approved agent fail to contact The Cottage within 24 hours of the arranged pick up time, my pet will be considered to be abandoned. Any expenses incurred for the transport, overnight care, and/or placement or adoption of said pet shall be paid by me in addition to other fees incurred for services provided by, at, or through The Cottage. I hereby grant a lien on said pet for any and all unpaid charges resulting from services provided by, at, or through The Cottage.
9. I agree that my pet(s) may be videotaped, photographed, and/or recorded. The Cottage shall retain the exclusive rights to the results and all proceeds of such tapings, photograph, and recordings with the rights throughout the world, an unlimited number of times in perpetuity, to copyright, to use and to license to others in any manner.